Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

League of Legends - The Making of the Freljord Music



I'm a video gamer and I've spent a lot of hours on the free online League of Legends. Although I don't actually play it now due to time constraints, I come across information sometimes about what's really going on at the LoL camp.

Riot Games, developer of League of Legends, put this video up on YouTube that showcases how the composers created the music for the Freljord territory in the League of Legends lore.

I don't really know much about Freljord, but this wiki page should possibly give you more information.

Oh right, this is a music blog and I will get back to talking about music. So, composer Christian “Praeco” Linke teamed up with composers Alexander Temple and Sebastien Najand to create a brilliant composition that showcases the emotion and feeling of Freljord.



The idea of putting this post up was to bring to light the intricacies and understandings of many different aspects of creating music. Linke mentioned that he walks the halls of the art team for inspiration.

What I believe he is actually doing is drawing emotion for the sake of subconscious contemplation.

I'll leave you with the full composition below. I find it incredibly beautiful. It is teeming with different layers of beautifully arranged expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment